This site can be navigated using several methods:
- Use the Site Navigator shown in the left-hand pane.
This operates as a browser tree:
- Click on the text items to view the relevant web page.
- Click on the plus symbols to expand branches.
- Click on the minus symbols to collapse branches.
- Click on the "Expand" button to expand the whole tree.
- Click on the "Minimize" button to collapse the whole tree.
- Use the Search facility by clicking on the button
at the top of the screen. (See below for details).
- Use the A-Z Index (button at the top of the screen)
which gives a list of all the pages on the site.
- Use the Home button (at the top of the screen) to return to
the home page.
- Click on the hyperlinks in each web page.
When the Search button is clicked, a search dialogue box will
The search dialogue allows you to find pages in the web that contain words or
Type the word or phrase you are looking for and click "Go".
- Any pages that contain the word or phrase will be displayed in the list box.
- To view the page double-click on an entry.
- The entries are displayed by title of
the page and the first phrase that was found.
Options on the search page allow you to:
- Set the maximum number of pages to be searched - it is sometimes useful to
limit the number of pages to be searched as the search can take a long time.
- Use a case sensitive or case insensitive match by setting match case or no
- Match the complete phrase only - which is useful to avoid finding huge
number of matches for common sequences of letters
The search engine supplied will only search the Epistemics web site.
NOTE: The search engine requires a "Java -enabled" browser. If you
are using an old version of a browser, the search facility may not work.
The Feedback option allows you to comment on the contents of the web site or
any other information you would like us to know about.
To send us your feedback:
- Click on the "Feedback" button at the top of the screen.
- A form
will appear in the main (right-hand) pane.
- Fill-in the form, ensuring that the fields marked with an asterisk ("*")
are all filled-in.
- Click the "Post Article" button.
Your comments are very much appreciated and actions will be taken as
This option allows the current content of the main (right-hand) pane to be displayed in a new
browser window. This is useful if you want a larger area to view the page.