The EU-funded PEGASUS project
The main goal of PEGASUS is to develop a new and highly-innovative methodology for organisations working in the
automotive industry. The project is specifically aimed at integrating engineering and new processing concepts.
- Develop a new Integrated Design and Engineering Environment (IDEE) based on KBE (Knowledge Based Engineering)
for organisations supplying the automotive sector.
- Support the 5-day car concept and facilitate the integration of functions, processes and materials
into a single industrial process.
- Integrate knowledge from within the new supply chain concept allowing organisations to co-operate and
provide a quick, high-tech and customisable service directly to the car maker at a lower cost.
- Provide an innovative, flexible process configuration unit on demand that combines the latest moulding
technologies adapted through the IDEE to each component's requirements.
- Make use of nano-particles in colouring technology to avoid additional painting.
- Develop 'disassembly on command' components by expandable (nano) adhesive particles.
Scope and Contribution
Epistemics contribution to the project comprises knowledge management software and
associated technical support, knowledge acquisition to support the development of the
IDEE, knowledge engineering/management consultancy and workpackage management.
(Click on the logo to view the website)
Other Research Projects:
Updater and Certification
Last modified: 14 February 2007